"Itsy Bitsy spider climbing up the wall.Fried bugs/insects has long known to be an "exotic" snacks of the indo-chine countries such as Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia. So there was no surprise when we saw a pile of fried insects in one of the stall in Psar Cha' in Siem Reap. After passing the stall for many times gamely bought a pack of fried insects (we were still arguing whether it is a cricket or a grasshopper) to give it a try. Verdict, surprisingly good and tasty (not to mention filling too). Although after a while I got sick of the cooking oil taste :( ..
Down came the rain and washed the spider off the wall.
Out came the frying pan, and fried up all the spider
So Itsy Bitsy spider become our crunchy snack :) ..."
They also sold a horribly scary fried huge spiders that is about the size of a boiled egg! Since I hate (read: scared of) spider, I decided not to try it (although now I think that I should have probably tried at least one :( ..)
I wonder what will happen if the bugs craze reach this tiny island with not much bugs around ... deep fried cochroach anyone?
PS: It so happen that I got a bad stomach ache the same night we snack the insect :)

No comments:
Post a Comment